|Cropland Acres:||Contact agent|
DescriptionThis is a nice combination of tillable land (currently in CRP) and timber with a nice building site. This property sits just west of Danville and is only ½ mile from Geode State Park and Lake Geode. Forty-five tillable acres have just been re-enrolled in CRP at $217/acre or $9821/year. The fact that this farm is only ½ mile from Geode State Park is a huge bonus from a hunting standpoint. Geode State Park is “no hunting”, so it’s essentially a deer sanctuary and this property is close enough that bucks from Geode will be dispersing into this property and cruising through it during the rut. Henry County land doesn’t come up for sale often so if you’re looking for something like this, you’ll want to check it out soon. Call with questions or to schedule a private showing.
- Located approximately 3 miles west of Danville and ½ mile north of Geode State Park
- 45 acres CRP was just re-enrolled at $217/acre or $9821/year - you could opt out of this - call for details
- Approximately 15 acres of timber provides excellent hunting opportunities
- The 45 acres of tillable that was just re-enrolled in CRP has a CSR2 of 60.5
- Since the CRP has just been re-enrolled and no payments have been made on this contract, if you wanted to opt out of the CRP, there wouldn’t be a huge cost to do that
- Excellent building sites
- Utilities are available
- Nice location for a pond in one of the timbered drainages.
- There is an additional 56 acres available - see Henry 116 listing
- Annual taxes are approximately $700/year