This Property is Off-Market
|Cropland Acres:||Contact broker|
|Land and Farm ID:||696038|
DescriptionThis is the former Governor of Alabama's showplace property in an exclusive valley in southeastern Alabama surrounded by wholesome, like-minded neighbors and farms.
Complete with a thirty-acre lake, two well-appointed homes, and a balance of pastoral rolling fields, farmland, pristine hardwoods, spring-fed creeks, river frontage, and amazing hill country.
This property is priced for a rapid sale and is an investment grade opportunity for a timber/recreational play or cattle conversion.
• 2,400 Acres in the pristine Ivy Creek Valley in Crenshaw County, Alabama
• Between Greenville and the university town of Troy, Alabama- convenient to Dothan
• Former two-term Alabama Governor Fob James’ family farm for past 20 years
• miles on both sides of the Patsaliga River with a private bridge
• 5,000 sq. ft. main house on lake, complete with 5 bedrooms, beautiful woodwork, 35 KW generator
• 3,200 sq. ft. lodge, historic to property, completely refurbished and decorated
• 30-Acre Big Lake & Eight-Acre Small Lake, stocked with Bass, Bream, Catfish & Crappie
• 25-30 Acre duck pond
• Great, fertile soils and 60 acres in pasture/fields
• End-of-the-road in an extremely clean neighborhood of larger landowners with pride-of-ownership
• Apx ½ mile of spring-fed, clear-flowing Horse Creek and confluence with the Patsaliga River
• Apx 1/3 property rolling farmland (some planted in loblolly), 1/3 hill country, and 1/3 excellent deer habitat with creek/river and hardwood bottoms
• Would make a great cattle ranch, high quality timber property, or place to preserve wealth
• Great historic barn with walk-in cooler and deer cleaning area
• Neighborhood is diverse with large cattle ranches, large farms, and riverfront high quality timberland
• Bountiful wildlife
• Just two hours to Destin, Florida on the Gulf of Mexico, 55 miles to Montgomery, and 85 miles to Dothan
Additional acreage may be available.
Map of Ivy Creek Farm
Information Provided By
This Property is Off-Market. Last modified on 11/27/2013
Kohler and Associates