|Sale Options:||Seller financing|
|Cropland Acres:||Contact broker|
DescriptionRocky Creek Ranch
Improved Hunting Ranch
Acres: 1,354 /- Acres
Location: This Medina County ranch is located approximately 14 miles north of Hondo, TX and can be accessed off of FM 462 North of Hondo and all-weather County Road 232. An all-weather blacktop private road meanders through huge oaks from the main entry to the headquarters.
Description: Situated in the transition zone between South Texas Brush Country and the Hill Country, this high-fenced ranch features magnificent rolling terrain and high elevations providing million-dollar views. Beautiful native landscape and giant Live Oaks encompass almost 85% of the ranch, with the remaining 15% being well manicured and organized pastures. Approximately 7 miles of all-weather blacktop roads provide access to the entire property, which is separated into 3 pastures. Rocky Creek Ranch has had superior soil and water conservation practices and has worked with SAWS to create a sustainable ranch environment for both plant and wildlife populations. The native grasses have been expertly managed for optimum growth to provide forage for wildlife and livestock grazing. Heavy native brush provides cover for all wildlife and game. Tucked privately away among the incredible picturesque landscape this ranch offers diverse terrain and landscapes creating endless opportunities and possibilities of relaxation and recreational enjoyment.
Water: Rock Creek is a very well watered ranch.
1 shared well at headquarters entrance
2 wells at barn headquarters
2 Trinity/Cow Creek wells at lodge headquarters
1 windmill well at the NC part of ranch
2 wells at foremans house & barn area
30k gallon rainwater storage tank at headquarters
Numerous water troughs throughout the property
4 ponds located across the ranch
Seasonally the wet weather Rocky Creek
Wildlife: The abundance of native wildlife includes Whitetail deer, dove, quail, and turkey, as well as a few introduced wildlife species including Axis, Blackbuck, and Red Stag. Bird watching is amazing as this ranch offers sanctuary to a multitude of annual and seasonal birds. The owner has invested a substantial amount of time and capital introducing the best Whitetail genetics possible. A complete list of releases is available upon request. Rocky Creek has a level 3 MLDP.
On the western side of the property sits the stunning headquarters home. The beautiful main house features a lovely master suite tastefully arranged for optimum comfort. There is a second bedroom with private bath and situated off of the living room area is a half-bath for guest convenience. An upstairs loft offers the opportunity for relaxation and enjoyment of the incredible views of the native landscapes through its many windows. The home includes many exceptional amenities including Dish Network, Internet, vaulted ceilings, and is furnished with country dcor. A fantastic patio & pavilion area with a patio-house containing BBQ grills and an outdoor kitchen; the perfect place to enjoy the fresh South Texas air. A large covered carport is located right off of the pavilion, adjacent to the house.
The 2BR/2BA Foreman's house has a porch that wraps around 2 sides of the house. This house is located approximately a mile from the main home.
Three bay equipment barns with roll-up doors. Vehicle/equipment washing area, complete with pressure washer.
Pipe livestock working pens.
Equipment included with the property is one ranch truck and a hunting truck, a Polaris Ranger Crew, one "Easy-Go" gas golf cart, a feed trailer, pressure wash system & wash equipment wash rack, numerous hunting blinds, a 20 ton protein/grain storage bin, numerous free choice wildlife protein feeders, hay feeders, corn feeders, turkey feeders and various lawn equipment and hand tools.
The entire ranch is high-fenced with electric gates throughout.
Breeding pens (not currently in service) TPWL MLD permit.
Minerals: Seller will convey all owned minerals.
Remarks: The majority of the property is currently under SAWS water conservation easement. There is 250 acres excluded from the easement as well as one building envelope which is included. Two existing employees of Rocky Creek Ranch will be available to continue their employment with the new owners. For a sophisticated buyer this ranch is fully furnished; an incredible ranch offering, an awesome opportunity to own a beautiful, ready-to-go hunting and recreational ranch.
Price: $3,850.00 Per Acre/ Total: $5,212,900.00