This Property is Off-Market
|Cropland Acres:||Contact broker|
DescriptionShell Creek Plantation is nationally respected for its cattle operation, grasslands, architecture, hunting programs, and aesthetics
Ideal Cattle Ranch Coversion
• By most accounts, Shell Creek is one of the largest contiguous Plantations in all of Alabama!
• 96% of the 4,000± acre plantation is productive uplands.*
• The plantation has operated a successful income-producing cattle operation and has a wealth of timber resources.
• Some of the best grasslands in the State; comparable to Texas and Central Florida in Quality.
• Area of Prairie Bluff produced so much cotton it lost by one vote to be the capital of Alabama
• Over 8 miles of high banked creeks and seven lakes/ponds, including a 30 acre Lake
• The balance of land is already in old fields and requires minimal timber removal for replanting the fields
• 5,000± sf antebellum-style classic revival main house, with complementing offices, and guest houses are Architectural Digest quality.
• Horse Stable, Barns, employee housing, roads (40 miles of improved roads, mostly gravel) are already in place
• Apx $1M in timber assets and 1200 acres currently in CRP but which we understand can be taken out.
• The grounds are impeccably manicured for horseback quail hunting and consistently hold 150 coveys. There is both a wild and preseason quail program.
• Shell Creek is widely regarded as One of the Top Three Quail Plantations in Alabama
• It holds more prestigious titles in the quail and bird dog world than almost any modern shooting property.
• The plantation has not been on the market in over twenty years.
• Electricity is already available across most of the plantation
• One of the largest privately held ranches in Alabama, and one of the only ones on the market!
• There is a wealth of wild game including excellent whitetails, turkey, and doves.
• The grounds are well capitalized.
• Located directly across from the Alabama River and Millers Ferry Lake/Lake Dannelly with 500 miles of shoreline for year-round family recreation.
• The owner of over twenty years is a former coach at the University of Alabama and nominee to the Field Trial Hall of Fame.
• It hosts three of the most prestigious field trials in the country.
• Conveniently located in south central Alabama within twenty minutes of the jet ports in both Camden and Pine Hill, Alabama.
• Less than a four hour drive to Atlanta, only two hours to Birmingham.
Map of Shell Creek Plantation
Information Provided By
This Property is Off-Market. Last modified on 1/14/2014
Kohler and Associates