This Property is Off-Market
- Recreational Land
|Land and Farm ID:
Shell Creek Plantation is nationally respected for its cattle operation, grasslands, architecture, hunting programs, and aesthetics
Ideal Cattle Ranch Coversion
• By most accounts, Shell Creek is one of the largest contiguous Plantations in all of Alabama!
• 96% of the 4,000± acre plantation is productive uplands.*
• The plantation has operated a successful income-producing cattle operation and has a wealth of timber resources.
• Some of the best grasslands in the State; comparable to Texas and Central Florida in Quality.
• Area of Prairie Bluff produced so much cotton it lost by one vote to be the capital of Alabama
• Over 8 miles of high banked creeks and seven lakes/ponds, including a 30 acre Lake
• The balance of land is already in old fields and requires minimal timber removal for replanting the fields
• 5,000± sf antebellum-style classic revival main house, with complementing offices, and guest houses are Architectural Digest quality.
• Horse Stable, Barns, employee housing, roads (40 miles of improved roads, mostly gravel) are already in place
• Apx $1M in timber assets and 1200 acres currently in CRP but which we understand can be taken out.
• The grounds are impeccably manicured for horseback quail hunting and consistently hold 150 coveys. There is both a wild and preseason quail program.
• Shell Creek is widely regarded as One of the Top Three Quail Plantations in Alabama
• It holds more prestigious titles in the quail and bird dog world than almost any modern shooting property.
• The plantation has not been on the market in over twenty years.
• Electricity is already available across most of the plantation
• One of the largest privately held ranches in Alabama, and one of the only ones on the market!
• There is a wealth of wild game including excellent whitetails, turkey, and doves.
• The grounds are well capitalized.
• Located directly across from the Alabama River and Millers Ferry Lake/Lake Dannelly with 500 miles of shoreline for year-round family recreation.
• The owner of over twenty years is a former coach at the University of Alabama and nominee to the Field Trial Hall of Fame.
• It hosts three of the most prestigious field trials in the country.
• Conveniently located in south central Alabama within twenty minutes of the jet ports in both Camden and Pine Hill, Alabama.
• Less than a four hour drive to Atlanta, only two hours to Birmingham.
Map of Shell Creek Plantation
Information Provided By
Jon Kohler's Other Listings
View All of Jon Kohler's Listings
860 Acres in Madison County, Florida
497 Acres in Decatur County, Georgia
696 Acres in Lafayette County, Florida
4200 Acres in Stewart County, Georgia
441 Acres in Gadsden County, Florida