Learn about
Financing Land

Nearby Counties

Maui County Pasture/Ranch for Sale Kalawao County Pasture/Ranch for Sale Hawaii County Pasture/Ranch for Sale Honolulu County Pasture/Ranch for Sale Kauai County Pasture/Ranch for Sale LoopNet Commercial Real Estate

Off Market

Off Market Search Results

Makawao Pasture/Ranch for Sale

Save Search View Map

Makawao, HI Land Info

Hawaii is one of the smallest farming states in the United States. In 2014, the agricultural sector contributed $425 million to the Hawaii economy, or one percent of overall state GDP (placing it 44th among all U.S. states for income generated through farming and agricultural activities). Some 19 percent of Hawaii's annual farm income is from livestock products (classified as cattle, poultry, sheep and pigs). The other 81 percent comes from crops. Although not the country's largest, Hawaii produces some seven percent of the sugarcane harvested in the U.S. It also accounts for all of the coffee, papayas and macadamia nuts commercially grown in the country. According to official Census Bureau stats, there were 7,000 farms recorded in the state, covering a total of 1.1 million acres (or the equivalent of 16 percent of the entire state land area).

Read More +