Indiana is the country's 19th largest agricultural state. In 2014, the agricultural sector contributed $6.3 billion to the state's economy, or two percent of overall state GDP (placing it 10th among all U.S. states for the size of its farm economy). Some 33 percent of Indiana's annual farm income is from livestock products (classified as cattle, poultry, sheep and pigs). The other 67 percent comes from crops. Indiana's chief crops are corn, soybeans and wheat, while its principal livestock products are hogs, dairy products and chicken eggs. According to official Census Bureau stats, there were 58,695 farms recorded in the state, covering a total of 14.7 million acres (or the equivalent of 63 percent of the entire state land area).