Mitchell County Land for Sale

Save Search View Map

2 Properties:


Farm Auction

368.87 acres
260 rd Jewell KS 67420
Auction on 10/18/2016 TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2016 7:00 P.M. Auction will be held in the Community Center on the South side of the square in Jewell, Kansas TRACT I 49.59 acres in S...
Bob Thummel, Thummel Real Estate & Auction, LLC.
Envelope icon Contact

Mitchell County, KS Land Info

Kansas is one of the country's five biggest agricultural states. In 2014, the agricultural sector contributed $7.66 billion to the Sunflower State's economy, or five percent of overall state GDP (placing it seventh among all U.S. states for the size of its farm economy). Some 62 percent of Kansas's annual agricultural production is from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 38 percent comes from crops. Kansas is chiefly a cattle- and dairy-farming state. It is also responsible for almost half the sorghum grown in the United States, a major source of grain and feed for livestock. Based on data from the 2012 U.S. Census, there were 61,773 farms recorded in the state, covering a total of 46.1 million acres (or the equivalent of 88 percent of the entire state land area).

Read More +