Learn about
Financing Land

Nearby Parishes

Ascension Parish Farm for Sale Saint James Parish Farm for Sale Livingston Parish Farm for Sale Assumption Parish Farm for Sale Iberville Parish Farm for Sale East Baton Rouge Parish Farm for Sale Saint John the Baptist Parish Farm for Sale West Baton Rouge Parish Farm for Sale Saint Charles Parish Farm for Sale Tangipahoa Parish Farm for Sale LoopNet Farms for Sale

Off Market

Off Market Search Results

Gonzales Farm for Sale

Save Search View Map

Gonzales, LA Land Info

Louisiana is the country's 34th biggest agricultural state. In 2014, the agricultural sector contributed $2.44 billion to the state's economy, or one percent of overall state GDP (placing it 30th among all U.S. states for the size of its farm economy). Some 27 percent of Louisiana's annual agricultural production is from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 73 percent comes from crops. Louisiana's temperate climate supports over a third of the sugarcane grown in the United States, as well as over ten percent of its rice crop. The main farm product here in the Pelican State is soybeans. According to official Census Bureau stats, there were 28,093 farms recorded in the state, covering a total of 7.9 million acres (or the equivalent of 24 percent of the entire state land area).

Read More +