Fairfield Undeveloped Land for Sale

Save Search View Map

Fairfield, ME Land Info

Maine is one of the smallest farming states in the country. In 2014, the agricultural sector contributed $821 million to the state's economy, or two percent of overall state GDP (placing it 38th among all U.S. states for income generated through farming and agricultural activities). Some 38 percent of Maine's annual farm income is from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 62 percent comes from crops. One of the country's smallest agricultural economies, Maine punches above its weight when it comes to blueberry production (seven percent of the national total) and -- you got it -- maple products (15 percent). According to 2012 U.S. Census data, there were 8,173 farms recorded in the state, covering a total of 1.5 million acres (or the equivalent of six percent of the entire state land area).

Read More +