Frankfort Waterfront for Sale

Save Search View Map

Frankfort, MI Land Info

Michigan is the country's 28th biggest agricultural state. In 2014, the agricultural sector contributed $4.21 billion to the Great Lakes State's economy, or one percent of overall state GDP (placing it 19th among all U.S. states for income generated through farming and agricultural activities). Approximately 37 percent of Michigan's annual revenue from farming is from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 63 percent comes from crops. Michigan's main farming goods are dairy products, corn and soybeans. Floriculture also ranks among the top five, while the state captures almost 30 percent of asparagus grown in the United States. Based on data from the 2012 U.S. Census, there were 52,194 farms recorded in the state, covering a total of 9.9 million acres (or the equivalent of 16 percent of the overall state land area).

Read More +