Call Amber for help in finding your perfect property or to find out what your property is worth.
Maryland Land Info
Maryland is one of the smallest farming states in the country. In 2014, the agricultural sector contributed $1.26 billion to the Old Line State's economy, or less than one percent of overall state GDP (placing it 36th among all U.S. states for income generated through farming and agricultural activities). Some 54 percent of Maryland's annual revenue from farming is from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 46 percent comes from crops. Maryland's main agricultural exports are broiler chickens, corn, dairy products and soybeans, although these account for less than one percent of the national total with the exception of broilers (three percent). Based on data from the 2012 U.S. Census, there were 12,256 farms recorded in the state, covering a total of 2 million acres (or the equivalent of 26 percent of the total state land area).