Mount Upton Land for Sale

Save Search View Map

1 Property:

219 Old Route 8 North Mount Upton NY 13809  |  Chenango County
4.2 acres
Colonial,Farmhouse - Mount Upton, NYMore Detail +
Mary Kay Flanagan ,
An Absolute Showcase of Value! Well fitting for the above-averaged sized family, with lots of room to breathe in this floorplan and on the adjoining grounds! Owned by a Contractor, this house is stea...

Mount Upton, NY Land Info

New York is the country's 36th biggest agricultural state. In 2014, the agricultural sector contributed $3.49 billion to the state's economy, or less than one percent of overall state GDP (placing it 25th among all U.S. states for the size of its farm economy). Some 58 percent of New York's annual farm income is from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 42 percent comes from crops. New York's chief agricultural commodity is dairy products. The state also accounts for eight percent of the country's apple harvest. According to 2012 U.S. Census data, there were 35,537 farms recorded in the state, covering a total of 7.2 million acres (or the equivalent of 21 percent of the entire state land area).

Read More +