Vermont Dairy Farm for Sale

Save Search View Map

1 Property:


Vermont Land Info

Vermont is one of the smallest farming states in the country. In 2014, the agricultural sector contributed $516 million to the Vermont economy, or two percent of overall state GDP (placing it 42nd among all U.S. states for the size of its farm economy). Some 77 percent of Vermont's annual revenue from farming is from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 23 percent comes from crops. Vermont is predominantly a livestock-based farm economy. Although small relative to total state revenues, maple-related products account for nearly 40 percent of the national total. According to official Census Bureau stats, there were 7,338 farms recorded in the state, covering a total of 1.3 million acres (or the equivalent of 20 percent of the overall state land area).

Read More +