Learn about
Financing Land

Nearby Counties

Mineral County Farm for Sale Grant County Farm for Sale Hampshire County Farm for Sale Preston County Farm for Sale Tucker County Farm for Sale Hardy County Farm for Sale Morgan County Farm for Sale Taylor County Farm for Sale Pendleton County Farm for Sale Barbour County Farm for Sale LoopNet Farms for Sale

Off Market

Off Market Search Results

Elk Garden Farm for Sale

Save Search View Map

Elk Garden, WV Land Info

West Virginia is the country's 39th largest agricultural state. In 2014, the agricultural sector contributed $344 million to the state's economy, or less than one percent of overall state GDP (placing it 46th among all U.S. states for income generated through farming and agricultural activities). Some 83 percent of West Virginia's annual agricultural production is from livestock products (classified as cattle, poultry, sheep and pigs). The other 17 percent comes from crops. Given its largely mountainous terrain, West Virginia is principally a livestock farming state, with two thirds of state agricultural output given over to cattle, broiler chickens and turkeys. According to official Census Bureau stats, there were 21,489 farms recorded in the state, covering a total of 3.6 million acres (or the equivalent of 23 percent of the entire state land area).

Read More +