The "Stone Cottage" was originally built before 1796. It has served as the town Jail, poor house, and a cherished summer cottage since the 1890's. The view looks at the mouth of Castine Harbor, where sailboats return to port each night from from sailing on Penobscot Bay. There is a 12' cannon from the War of 1812 on the front lawn and historic elements throughout. There are 7 bedrooms and 3 baths and in a pinch the house could sleep up to 12 people. It's rusticator living at its best. 2 min walk to lighthouse.
Enter Castine, drive along Battle Avenue past the Maine Maritime Academy campus .75 miles turn left on to Perkins Street, second house on the right.