Large industrial building with over 40,000 sf with historical value. The building was originally built in 1901 as a car barn for the electric train that served Grand Rapids, Muskegon and Grand Haven. The red electric interurban cars brought patrons to Fruitport to enjoy the big band music such as Duke Ellington and Jimmy Dorsey and many others to the Pamona dance Pavilion built by the train company as a destination spot for their riders. The building is now a viable manufacturing facility that includes 440V 3 phase electric, compressed air system, dust collection and is fully under sprinklers. The thick floors which in the beginning held the weight of train cars is perfect for heavy machinery and there are 5 semi loading docks. This historical building could be used for many
Copyright 2020 West Michigan Lakeshore Association of Realtors. All rights reserved. All information provided by the listing agent/broker is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.
3rd Ave; north to west Park st; left at light to address