Mid River and its guest house Les Rochers are located on a fourteen acre point on the western edge of Grindstone Island in the heart of the Thousand Islands. The level lot contains extensive lawns gardens wooded areas and meadows. The main house was designed in 1903 by the New York firm of Warren & Wetmore designers of the New York Yacht Club and Grand Central Station. The property is surrounded by water on three sides with western sunset views of a large expanse of the River looking towards Kingston and Lake Ontario. To the east the property abuts Mid-River Farm that is owned by the Thousand Islands Land Trust and protected by scenic easements. The property has easy access to the trails and roads of historic Grindstone Island the third largest island in the Thousand Islands. The property has extensive water frontage on three sides with two large sandy beaches. The main house has over 8400 square feet of living space with hardwood floors throughout. The first floor contains a large two-room kitchen plus a large butlers pantry each finished in southern pine with built-in shelves and beautiful river views. The first floor continues to a large dining/family room and a smaller family/game room each with fireplaces and views to the River and formal garden. There is also a large formal living room fully paneled in southern pine with a large fireplace. The main rooms on the first floor open to the central feature of the house a large curved screened porch with mahogany floor that overlooks the lawn and river towards the west a perfect place to end the day with sunset and river views. Towards the east the property overlooks gardens an apple orchard meadows and Mid River Farm. The main house has three two-bedroom suites one on the ground floor and two on the second floor. Each of the suites has a large dressing/sitting room full bath and fireplaces in each room. The second floor continues with three additional bedrooms two with fireplaces that share a full bath. The second floor also includes a sewing room and a kids or servant wing with two bedrooms and a half bath. Les Rochers was built in the 1930s as a guest house. It contains 1940 square feet of living space with hardwood floors throughout. Les Rochers is 150 yards from the main house and sits on its own point overlooking the River. It has four bedrooms and two full baths on the second floor and a kitchen family room study living room two fireplaces and a half bath on the first floor. Les Rochers also has a covered entrance porch leading to an entry foyer and a screened dining porch that looks West across the River to the Canadian shore line and islands. Between the main house and Les Rochers are a Har-tru tennis court and a large rolling lawn. The property include a very large sandy bay and beach ideal for swimming and open deep water access to some of the best swimming in the Thousand Islands. In addition to the main house and guest house the property has a large boat house that can accommodate three boats as well as a two bay skiff house. The second floor of the boathouse previously contained two bedrooms and a half bath but is now a workshop. Other outbuildings include the original ice house which is currently used as a workshop/tool shed a tennis hut and assorted storage sheds.
.Directly opposite Clayton boat access only. There is no signage on property