This is an historical cabin if only because it was hewn from trees from the Prescott National Forest and was originally constructed at the Palace Station stagecoach stop on the Senator Hwy. It is not known exactly when it was built; however; pieces of newspaper from the early 30's were found embedded in the chinking from the addition that was made long after the original construction. It is believed, but not verified, that this house was built before 1900 for the daughter of the founder of the Palace Station. It was dismantled and reconstructed, by its current owner, at its present site in 1976-1980. Significant structural improvements were made, however, the original design and materials were utilized, consistent with photographs of the house on its original site. More . . .
Gurley St/Mt Vernon (becomes Senator Hwy) - South for apx 11 mi to Left on Wiggler Rd (Mountain Pine Acres entrance). Uphill to second driveway/sign on Left.