This Colonial Revival style home was built in 1834 and is situated on 1.3 acres. 3819 total square feet between the main house and guest house, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths in the main house and 2 bedrooms, 1 bath in the guest house. The home still has the original heart pine wood floors throughout. There have been 4 doctors that have owned this home through the years. The guest house was originally added to accommodate the doctor's office. In the 1860's the house was a large plantation and was a stagecoach stop called "The Traveler's Rest." The home has been fully renovated and it is known as "The Gowan House." It is the oldest house on the original Natchez Trace Parkway in Leake County.