The Crowell Ranch is a large river bottom ranch located between Angleton and West Columbia. The ranch is a mix of improved pastures in rich alluvial soils and stands of hardwoods. The ranch includes paved road access and Brazos River frontage and is only an hour from downtown Houston. This is a great cattle ranch which has excellent deer hunting and waterfowl potential.
Location: The ranch is located just over a mile south of Hwy 35 between Angleton and West Columbia. River frontage on the east side of the Brazos with paved County Road frontage.
Habitat: Crowell Ranch is classic Gulf Coast bottomland habitat with areas of thick woods, open pastures and brush. Approximately 40% of the ranch is primarily open improved grass pastures with large live oaks and pecans in very rich dark alluvial soils. The remaining 60% of the ranch is thicker woods and brush with a mix of live oaks, hackberries and cedar elms. Two small bayous cut through the property (Day Bayou & Middle bayou) which hold water most of the year.
Wildlife: The ranch is loaded with whitetail deer and is under MLD III Wildlife Plan. This ranch would make a terrific duck hunting property with some further development of wetland units. Dove, turkey and some quail are also found on the property.
Some alligators are to be found in the bayous and the larger lake on the property.
There is also an older weekend structure that needs repair work but could be refurbished into a very nice hunting lodge.
Perimeter fences are older but in working condition. Interior fences are mostly in need of repair.
Several water wells are on the property.
Water: The property has approximately 700 of Brazos River frontage. Two bayous cross through the ranch and there are several small ponds on the property and one small wetland unit.
Five water wells are found on the ranch and the groundwater in the area is shallow and plentiful.
Electricity: Electricity is found on the ranch.
Minerals: No minerals convey with the ranch. There is one older producing well.
Price: Asking $3,600,000 or $3,000/acre.
The information contained herein has been gathered from sources deemed reliable; however, Republic Ranches, LLC and its principals, members, officers, associates, agents and employees cannot guarantee the accuracy of such information. The information contained herein is subject to changes, errors, omissions, prior sale, withdrawal of property from the market without prior notice, and approval of purchase by owner. Prospective buyers should verify all information to their satisfaction. No representation is made as to the possible value of this investment or type of use, and prospective buyers are urged to consult with their tax and legal advisors before making a final determination.
Real Estate buyers are hereby notified that real properties and its rights and amenities in the States of Texas; Oklahoma; and New Mexico are subject to many forces and impacts whether natural, those caused by man, or otherwise; including, but not limited to, drought or other weather related events, disease (e.g. Oak Wilt or Anthrax), invasive species, illegal trespassing, previous owner actions, neighbor actions and government actions. Prospective buyers of Texas real estate, New Mexico real estate or Oklahoma real estate should investigate any concerns regarding a specific real property to their satisfaction.
When buying investment property the buyers agent, if applicable, must be identified on first contact and must be present at initial showing of the property listing to the prospective real estate investor in order to participate in real estate commission. If this condition is not met, fee participation will be at sole discretion of Republic Ranches, LLC.