This property is not just beautiful, it also has an interesting history. This part of the Pedernales River Valley was originally prime hunting and camping grounds for Comanche and Apache Indians. Albert Nebgen, the son of a German immigrant, purchased the land from Charles Wagner whose family also owned the cottage gin in Stonewall. Emil Klein drew the plans and built the original two-story home for Nebgen in 1918. In 1921 part of the porch was enclosed to accommodate his growing family. Original hardwood floors and 1 x 4 beaded walls and ceilings are featured throughout the home. The current owner has added an additional living room with fireplace, sitting room, master bath and bedroom bringing the total to 2,573 sqft. With 3 bedrooms and 2 baths.
Still present today are the log smokehouse along with the adjoining log bathhouse, grain barn, and machinery storage barn. Outdoor additions include a nine-stall horse barn with tack room and a large custom water pila converted into a pool with sundeck and fire pit. Water is supplied by the 200+ gpm well. Each pasture is supplied water by troughs and one has a tank almost an acre in size. Large post and century live oaks are scattered throughout providing shelter for the abundant axis and whitetail deer that call this place home. Three and a half miles of nine strand fencing, five pastures of coastal bermuda and one pasture of kleingrass provide for ample grazing. A well-placed set of working pens is shaded by towering oaks.
This property is steeped in history, primed for cattle or horses, offers abundant water in the Ellenberger-San Saba Aquifer and sloping soils conducive for vineyards or farming. With long-range views and close proximity to both Austin and San Antonio, this is a rare find.