One of the last and the LARGEST private land holdings in the Southwestern Mountains of North Carolina the 9th most populated state in the United States. Located less than 30 minutes from Asheville, NC the most cosmopolitan city in the Southeastern United States where they claim Altitude affects Attitude. Being the majority of the land area between Lake James to the North and Lake Lure to the South this parcel elevates to view all of Western... more North Carolina, into the state of South Carolina, and has to its West a majestic over the valley view directly into the Black Mountains with Mount Mitchell the highest elevation in the Eastern United States as its center point of reference. Access is available from Interstate 40 at the Old Fort and Sugar Hill exits providing ease of access in all directions to area points of interest. The property offers:
- 8300 acres of growing and mature forest with open areas
- Many miles of streams with cascades
- Multiple lake sites in various areas of the property
- Views that are second to none from locations on many miles of mountain top
- Designated by the State of NC as a Natural Heritage property
- NFS property to its West and to its East recent conservation acquisitions of approximately 30,000 acres place this property even more in the path of desirability
- Significant timber inventory with merchantable timber
The VALUE of this property as presented in its most recent completed appraisal (available upon request) dated June of 2015 is $83,000,000. This amount is approximately 33% below the value (2007 appraisal available upon request) of the property prior to the recession. Current market conditions are continuing to show upward pressure on this value. All statewide and local indicators in 2016 are reflecting a strong positive influence on housing and real estate values in general.
The current ownership of this property is motivated to sell this calendar year (2016). They prefer to sell the 8,300 acres in one transaction but they will consider an offer on a large portion of the property. Price will vary depending upon the part of the property and the amount of acreage being sold. Another option would be to purchase this property in combination with the purchase of another property owned by the same owners located in Northwestern North Carolina and by purchasing both of these tracts.