State: New Mexico Region: Northeastern New Mexico County: Union Property Type: Irrigated/Grassland/CRP Acres: 955 acres +/- Price: $875,000.00 Taxes: $569.98 approximately Location: South of Sedan, NM on all-weather,
Comments: This is a very well improved and well maintained grazing/farming combination operation located from Hwy 421 (New Mexico)/102 (Texas-known as North Sedan Road) at Sedan, NM on all-weather, caliched Callis Road three miles south to the northeast corner of section 30 and from Hwy 421/102 on the west side of Sedan, NM and south 3 miles on Lechner Road to the northwest corner of section 30 with both Callis Road and Lechner Road extending on south to Steed Road which runs from east to west along the south line of both section 30 and the south of section 29. Section 30 is improved as follows:
1. A Valley mile pivot sprinkler thought by the owner to have been manufactured in the mid 90s is situated on the southeast quarter of the section with low drops on standard spacing, nozzled for 350 GPM and has standard size tires and wheels.
2. Irrigation water for the sprinkler is furnished by an irrigation well equipped with a turbine pump powered by a 100 HP, vertical hollow-shaft electric motor.
3. A domestic well located near the center of the section to furnish water for livestock and wildlife is equipped with a submersible electric motor and pump.
4. The northeast quarter of the section originally had a second pivot sprinkler. The underground pipe which connected the two sprinklers is still in existence together with the pivot point. This 126.1 acre circle originally in cultivation has been seeded to native and improved grasses and is currently enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program at $41.16 per acre per year until 9/30/2021.
5. The west of the section remains in native grass with a excellent set of steel working pens with an alley leading to the manual squeeze chute which is capable of handling cattle for processing, palpation of heifers and cows and other types of cattle processing. These pens are situation on all-weather, caliched Lechner road which extends south from the west side of Sedan down to Steed Road.
6. A virtually new four strand barbed wire fence strung on steel and cedar posts surrounds the section.
7. The owner has hauled in caliche extensively around the wells, the pivot point for the sprinkler, the working pens and other areas of the section where needed. The corners created by the two circles remain in native grass. Information on the south of section 29 is as follows:
1. This property has mile of frontage on all-weather caliched Callis Road on the west boundary of the property, 1 mile of frontage on Steed Road on the south boundary of the property and mile of frontage on the east boundary of the property on all-weather, caliched Cowan Road.
2. 248.1 acres located in the two old mile sprinkler circles currently seeded to native and improved pastures is enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program at $35.31 per acre per year until 9/30/2023.
3. There is a good useable four and five strand barbwire fence strung on steel and cedar post runs across the south boundary of this property. There are no other permanent fences on the other three sides of the section.
4. All corners created by the two old circles remain in native grass.
Owner of the property is a real estate broker licensed in the state of New Mexico.