Alabama Land for Sale


United States / Alabama / All Property Types

Headline Property

Brand New Below Market Waterfront On Smith Lake

Crane Hill , AL   - $39,900 - 2.0 acres

Listed By: Alabama Land Sales
US Land & Ranches

Alabama Land Info

Internal data shows $1 billion in land and rural real estate for sale for sale in the Camellia State. This represents a combined 233,745 acres of land for sale in Alabama. The most expensive piece of land listed for sale on Land And Farm recently was $38 million, while the median price for land and ranches for sale in Alabama was $237,210. The average price of land for sale in Alabama was $481,610. With numerous opportunities to hunt species including deer, boar and wild turkey, hunting land was the most common type of land for sale in Alabama. USDA data shows Alabama is one of the biggest peanut-farming states in the country. It also is among the country's top five broiler-chicken-producing states. The state has also been ranked among the ten best states for retirement by the financial publication, Kiplinger. According to official Census Bureau stats, there was 43,223 farms found in the state, covering a total of 9 million acres (equivalent to 27 percent of land in the state). Some 76 percent of Alabama's annual ag-related GDP derives from livestock products (classified as cattle, poultry, sheep and pigs). The other 24 percent comes from crops. In terms of size, Alabama is the country's 30th-largest state, covering 52,423 square miles (34 million acres). Alabama's catfish haul accounts for almost a third of catfish sales in the country. Other farm staples here include broiler chickens (farmed chickens used for commercial meat products) and cattle and eggs.

Showcase Properties


Alabama Land Info

Internal data shows $1 billion in land and rural real estate for sale for sale in the Camellia State. This represents a combined 233,745 acres of land for sale in Alabama. The most expensive piece of land listed for sale on Land And Farm recently was $38 million, while the median price for land and ranches for sale in Alabama was $237,210. The average price of land for sale in Alabama was $481,610. With numerous opportunities to hunt species including deer, boar and wild turkey, hunting land was the most common type of land for sale in Alabama. USDA data shows Alabama is one of the biggest peanut-farming states in the country. It also is among the country's top five broiler-chicken-producing states. The state has also been ranked among the ten best states for retirement by the financial publication, Kiplinger. According to official Census Bureau stats, there was 43,223 farms found in the state, covering a total of 9 million acres (equivalent to 27 percent of land in the state). Some 76 percent of Alabama's annual ag-related GDP derives from livestock products (classified as cattle, poultry, sheep and pigs). The other 24 percent comes from crops. In terms of size, Alabama is the country's 30th-largest state, covering 52,423 square miles (34 million acres). Alabama's catfish haul accounts for almost a third of catfish sales in the country. Other farm staples here include broiler chickens (farmed chickens used for commercial meat products) and cattle and eggs.